Friday 19 December 2014

Day 353 -- In need of work assistance

Some rain, some snow, some coolness.  Full on snow fell when I left work tonight. It will be rain tomorrow. Work was a bit less stressed -- some paperwork and a couple of meetings. I am so behind on a couple of e-mail conversations from group projects that those are at the top of the list for tomorrow. Then I hope to do housework that has been neglected and small bits of decorating for Christmas. I always leave things up until Julian Christmas or even New Year, so it seems worth a bit of effort for some holiday cheer.

I have felt a bit lost today -- having spent 6 days straight doing nothing but grading seems odd when you suddenly stop. I have oodles of other things that need to be done -- much of it by next week, i.e., before Christmas, and a few that will happen between Christmas and New Year's. I need to find that rhythm again to get the materials for next term together and posted before Jan 2. Classes begin Jan 5 -- at 8:15 AM. I am not a morning person at all so this is a challenge for any morning, but on a Monday even moreso <grin>.

I've said a couple times in the past two days that I need to find the house elf hotline. I want to leave the list on the kitchen counter at night and wake up to some baking and cleaning completed. <smile>  The selection today may help me find the inside track to get assistance with these tasks <grin>.  Enjoy!

We are Santa's Elves -- from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer animation


No comments:

Post a Comment