Saturday 13 December 2014

Day 347 -- Seasonal Silliness

My first exam of the season is over -- well the student's part is over and my grading has just begun. While they were writing, I wrote my annual Christmas letter and addressed a few envelopes for those folks not online. It felt great to get some of those things crossed off the dreaded 'to do' list <smile>.  I still need to put on stamps and walk out to the post office, but that will be a great break from the grading of the next 48 hour binge.  To top it off today, there was blue sky and sunshine in between the rain showers. A great day all around.

Today was the last day before break for several of the students in my exam. They head home tonight or early tomorrow. A number of students lined up for the buses today. It reminded me of when I packed up and went home in December as an undergrad and graduate student.  This added to the 'sparkliness' of the day. The whole package left me almost giddy -- though that could be the lack of sleep or the anxiety over the piles of grading <smile>.

The song in my head today is one that is often used in a sarcastic way, but is a simple, happy song for the time of year. Now this version is unique -- ummm, yes that'ss the word -- unique. <gg>.  It made me laugh out loud and startle the cat. The editing for this is quite well done. Hope it makes you smile despite its silly nature. Enjoy!

Deck the Halls -- Animals of YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment