Tuesday 16 December 2014

Day 349 -- Rushing, rushing, rushing

I'm still recovering from the weekend grading binge -- 26 or so hours in 48. Wasn't finished the first set until 11 PM last night, so this didn't get posted on time. Apologies all around.
------------
Spent all day today grading. I expected to be done around 7 PM, but I miscalculated how long it would take and finished at 11. Needless to say I have grading brain -- dizzy and not thinking clearly.  I have to wash my hair and try to eat and get to sleep so I can get up at 6:30 AM to head off to the next exam.  Then -- more grading! <grin>

I really felt like I was rushing all day today, even though things were going rather slowly. It was an odd feeling, that created a bit of additional stress and grumpiness. Imagine that <smile>.  I will still need to add up the marks and enter them into the spreadsheet to calculate the final course grades -- 2-3 hours worth depending on how well I can focus.  I will do that tomorrow.

The song for today ran through my head several times. It embodies the rushing feeling that was part of my entire day.  Both the singer and song are well known. I will let you know that my mother never let me play this song at their house as she found it irritating. I think it could bring on anxiety when one is on the edge <smile>.  So, beware. Enjoy!

Jingle Bells -- Barbra Streisand


No comments:

Post a Comment