Saturday 6 December 2014

Day 339 -- Anticipation

Friday -- a day of meetings and discussions. One meeting was to have had a follow up call mid-afternoon but it never materialized -- so frustrating when a business doesn't follow up after calling to set a time that would work for me.  I had hoped to get some major items moving forward before the end of the day. So, after getting my anticipation amped up, it is less than pleasant to know that this mess will still need to be addressed.  I would have appreciated an e-mail at least to let me know that something had come up at their end to let me free up my time to work with other priorities at my end. That doesn't seem like too much to ask.

That moon was still visible with the clear sky tonight -- an amazing winter white moon.  The sun shone during the day and we saw blue sky for most it. All in all, this was a wonderful day outside, even if it was colder than it has been for days. No wind, though, so it was quite manageable to walk a few blocks to supper tonight. This was a 'just because' supper with friends at a restaurant with an altered autumn/winter menu. Food was great and conversation was fun.  The evening ended with a good phone chat with a family member.

The song today deals with anticipation, a theme of my day -- waiting for the phone call, looking forward to dinner with friends and waiting for news from a family member.  The singer has an amazing Scottish accent, but it doesn't always come through when singing <smile>.  Enjoy!

Waiting for Christmas to Come -- Johnny Reid




No comments:

Post a Comment