Tuesday 30 December 2014

Day 364 -- It ends not with a bang, but a winter

Today held a few highlights. It began with a look out the window only to see a white world. This was not forecast last evening, yet there were flurries throughout the day. Not heaps of snow -- but enough to move with a shovel  -- easily.  Another couple of inches have fallen since I moved the first fell.  This wasn't the way I'd hoped to see in the next year -- regular readers will know my views on snow <smile>.

This afternoon, I had a great chat with a dear friend. I'm glad for phones and internet to make the distance seem less than it really is.  I plan to call a couple of other friends from home in the next few days and will even have a couple visiting here at the end of this week. Friends are key to life.

Work for the paid position was done today to get some materials onto the course websites for next Monday. It seems that January 5th couldn't possibly be less than a week away <smile>.  I will spend several hours tomorrow to get the slides together for the first day and complete the first week (at least) on Friday and Saturday.

The selection for today is one that I love, despite the topic <g>. The harmonies and singers involved are delightful. Somehow this upbeat song has just been running around in my head all day. Go figure! Enjoy!

Snow -- Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney, & Vera-Ellen


No comments:

Post a Comment