Friday 19 December 2014

Day 352 -- Warm Wandering Thoughts

Today was another very full day. I took time this afternoon to go get groceries <gasp> which did mean that the rest of the of the work went on until 11 PM. But it was nice to get that task done. The list for that trip was much larger than just groceries, but I did run out of time and energy and interest, so it will wait until tomorrow or the next day.  The afternoon and evening were filled with calculating and reading for work.  I'm now settling with chai and plan to watch a show I recorded last weekend before falling asleep.

The weather seems damp with drizzle and mixed precip expected tonight. It will change to a bit of rain tomorrow.  The two potential storm systems for Ontario and the eastern seaboard appear poised to arrive in time for Christmas. So far, that looks like a rain event for our part of the world. It is still a week out, so many things can change. I don't really have faith in forecasts that go beyond 12-24 hours, truth be told <smile>.  Several friends are planning to depart for a Christmas break soon and some have already headed to warmer climes.  Some year I will venture to the southern US or Hawaii for the holidays -- I'd enjoy the cultural as well as climate change <smile>.

The song today was one I heard earlier this week and that has stuck with me.  It brings with it my dream of spending Christmas somewhere tropical -- maybe that is why I've been thinking of the January trip we made to a conference in Hawaii a few years ago <smile>.  Enjoy!

Christmas in the Rainbow State -- Stasia Estep


No comments:

Post a Comment