Wednesday 5 August 2015

Day 2- 216 -- The Waiting Game

Waiting -- that pretty much sums up the day for me <smile>. It began as it ended yesterday -- waiting for plumbers who didn't show last evening or this morning as promised. At 10 AM, I left for the office and waited to calm down before calling their office to see what was up. Seems they had a major emergency call this morning, yet no one phoned me to let me know they wouldn't be over today at all. We made an appointment for tomorrow morning. I simply asked them to give someone a call when they couldn't return to a job -- no issue, just the courtesy of a call was all I asked. The boss agreed that this should have occurred.

At work things moved along well until a planned meeting didn't materialize. This was someone who is always on time and very conscientious. I left messages. It occurred to me that something could have presented itself this week as she returned from vacation. This was the case, so after finishing her other meeting, we were able to complete our planned meeting a couple hours late -- and it was delightful, as usual <smile>.

So -- the world is still spinning <grin>. I will admit that the title lyric from today's selection ran through my mind this morning and may have escaped my lips in the process. Enjoy!

Don't Keep me Waiting -- Britney Spears


No comments:

Post a Comment