Thursday 6 August 2015

Day 2 - 217 -- Stormy Day

It has been a day with unexpected turns. Several meetings and forms to complete helped move some paper off my desk. The two big tasks are still rattling around in my head instead of on paper or e-files. It is a problem of sorts, but it is the way I write -- many drafts done in my head before anything spills over onto a page. One project has a new deadline that is much earlier than planned, so my vacation time may be filled with writing in prep for fall term. It always has some writing, but this year could be much more than usual. We'll see what I can spew forth in the next seven days and then go from there.

It finally rained today. We've had many storm like clouds for several days and even severe t-storm watches. Today we had what they call 'sharp showers' in the UK -- a few brief but intense bursts of rain in the afternoon. After supper the thunder storm happened -- not anything severe, just some rain and a lot of noise. It made me glad to have a nice house to be inside during the deluge. That brought a song title to mind, though the lyrics deal with storm in a metaphorical sense -- perhaps not unlike my writing deadlines <smile>. I found a live version from a concert --this might be a time when having the lyrics on hand would be helpful <giggle>. Enjoy!


Shelter from the storm -- Bob Dylan


No comments:

Post a Comment