Sunday 30 August 2015

Day 2 - 241 -- A Day of Multiple Foci

It has been a day of mixed focus. The weather was mainly sunny but with threatening clouds, so even from a meteorology standpoint a bit multi-focused. It began with some time spent cooking and was followed by replenishing food stocks at the grocery store. Several staples were running low and while there, I chose to pick up items that I don't really need for another week. Students are returning to town for classes that begin in 9 days. In past years, the major stock-up -- or making big groceries in New Orleans speak -- has left store shelves empty. I've often wondered about that. If retailers know this onslaught is coming, why don't they stock up to ensure everyone can get their groceries? It appears like some form of rationing.

Returning home I worked on some final alterations to course documents that will need to be posted to the course websites by next weekend. They seem pretty much ready to go, but I'll let it sit for a bit and revisit them for any final edits at the end of the week. After all, I still have another week of vacation <smile>. When those tasks were completed, I cooked some more -- it is all about the food today. <grin>.

As you can see from my account, unfocused and woolly headed seems to have ruled the day. Given that state of mind, the song I share should bring a smile. It did for me. I'm  sure we all know the lyrics well enough to sing along. Enjoy!

Wooly Bully --  Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs




No comments:

Post a Comment