Monday 31 August 2015

Day 2 - 242 -- Walking off some Stress

The last Monday of vacation was filled with errands and home office chores. I spent a fair amount of time setting up the new research computer. Copying files from the old machine and downloading programs took more time than expected. Learning the new version of the operating system made this a slower task. It will take time to figure out how to navigate around the new screens, so I'll likely be using old and new machines as I am able to migrate work to the latest version. Good points for now  -- the lesser weight of the new machine -- a true plus for travelling and toting from office to office or meeting to meeting <smile> -- and the faster speeds with higher resolution screen.

A plan to walk to the physio today was waylaid by threatening clouds and increased winds. The risk of thunderstorms was in place for the afternoon and evening and I didn't want to be caught in a downpour on the walk home. So, the walk was postponed until early evening. It was a pleasant and brisk walk with a very cool wind blowing that kept the sweat at bay. The walk helped to clear some of the negative bits running through my head and I'm not entirely sure that I wasn't talking out loud as I walked along the street. It happens more often than I care to admit -- when I am working through a problem or organizing a larger task, I often talk to the air around me -- not at the gesticulating wildly part -- yet <grin>.

A few lines from a song flitted through my mind as I walked. The song tempo fit well with my quicker walking pace. Enjoy!

I'm Walking -- Fats Domino

No comments:

Post a Comment