Saturday 8 August 2015

Day 2 - 219 -- Guilty Rest

Saturday -- it's been a day filled with work and some guilt-ridden rest. There are many things that need to be done this weekend. The usual laundry and household chores have been completed, but the writing work still needs more attention. Parts will be completed tomorrow so that there will be something to share with colleagues next week. I tried to order some things online and the catalogue numbers as printed come up as non-existent on the web site. So frustrating. It isn't the first time this has happened, but it so irritating to have to call the toll free number to talk to someone and then find out the goods have never been in warehouses, as has happened in the past. I'm hoping tomorrow I'll feel less testy and can calmly make that call <smile>.

I found it interesting that while I took a longer than usual break this afternoon, that I felt guilty for doing so. I do want to get things finished before my vacation days start, yet there I was playing 'words with friends' <giggle>. When it is my time to schedule, why do I feel guilty if I take some time away from the work stuff? Seems silly, doesn't it?

I am now watching the 1981 reunion concert of Simon and Garfunkel held in Central Park. It is restful to listen to selections from their huge catalogue. Great harmonies together. They played one song I hadn't heard in a long while. The lyrics contain a sense of weariness -- like I often feel -- and a plan for rest -- like I need. This version is from the Concert in Central Park. Enjoy!

American Tune -- Simon and Garfunkel


No comments:

Post a Comment