Wednesday 26 August 2015

Day 2 - 237 -- Mysteriously Happy Cleaning

The humidity has lessened a bit today, which made moving around so much easier. Temperatures outside are cooler than inside still, but at least the air is drier so open windows don't further the indoor discomfort. The planned household chores went well -- I even managed to go far beyond the list for the day -- reorganized a major kitchen cupboard, prepared bags of bottles for recycling run, washed curtains and rugs from bathroom, bedroom and kitchen, hand washed a couple shirts, and dusted everywhere! I surprised myself. At the end of all this, I was still smiling <smile>. There is still much to do in bits, but it is easier to manage this when not in full-on teaching mode. Things will get done in bits and pieces.

Cleaning is far from my favourite pastime, but when I get in the groove it feels so wonderful. I can't even begin to explain that paradoxical response <smile>. Feeling that something has been accomplished must play a part. Yet the eagerness to move to another task each time one is completed is a mystery -- it may be an odd euphoria or madness. It may require psychological study -- biochemical or behavioural, or maybe even a gene study to determine which in the genome is responsible for this response to cleaning. <grin>

As I was busy working at the many tasks today, the chorus lyrics of a song written by one of my musical heroes was in my head as well as poorly vocalized my me. The song deals with something other than my activities today, but those few words fit so well. It is from his last album, the artwork for which was done hours before his death."And so it begins" Enjoy!

Cleanup Time -- John Lennon


No comments:

Post a Comment