Monday 24 August 2015

Day 2 - 235 -- Monday Rain

Temperatures fell overnight, but humidity remained high. There was no breeze -- not even a puff of wind -- so it felt close outside. Trying to coax cooler air into the house only increased the internal humidity. Eventually the house will cool -- hopefully before it gets hot outside again <smile>. I planned to walk around Main Street to do some errands, but it was sprinkling rain. The humidity would have made wearing my rain jacket unbearable since it doesn't breathe, for obvious reasons <smile>. So -- I changed plans and headed off to the physio early. My shoulder is creating issues -- the lateral rotator is inflamed and creating moments of holding my breath from a sharp pain. Again, with time this could improve.

It was a Monday, despite being on vacation <smile>. This is evidence that the Monday thesis holds outside of work settings, providing more robust findings to support the theory. Having my plans changed for me today and not having the impetus to regroup to do other items on the vacation list left me feeling a bit down. Laying in  front of the TV sounded like all I wanted to attempt -- unsure why this was the case. It could be weariness of the heat and humidity which have affected sleep quality for the past week. After supper, I did dig through a box in the basement and found amazing sewing supplies. I was searching for quilting material and batting and found some great pieces that will help with repair of an older quilt. I felt enthused with the lovely colours and memories the material scraps brought to mind. So -- hopefully I can get some of the actual repair work begun this week.

The lyric line that played in my head this afternoon was the title of a song by a brother and sister duo. Generally rain doesn't affect my mood as much as it did when I first moved to the Maritimes <smile>. I've made peace with this form of precipitation and actually enjoy it. Yet, this song still  seemed to fit my afternoon vibe today. Love the great alto timbre that left way too early. Enjoy!

Rainy Days and Mondays -- The Carpenters


No comments:

Post a Comment