Monday 17 August 2015

Day 2 - 228 -- Weather Creating Mood Swings

Today was planned to be a mix of work and appointments. The one meeting for work had been planned on the other person's schedule since this was my first day of vacation. I then put two other appointments into the afternoon based on this one meeting. It didn't go according to plan. The meeting didn't occur, though I sat and waited in the restaurant for 30 minutes. Another case of miscommunication it seems. We each had all the information, but it didn't make it to both schedules correctly. I really trust in my paper and pen schedule while so many others use electronic versions. It all comes down to having all the information in the one place you will look. <smile>

The weather is almost unbearable. I walked to the meeting and appointments -- one of the joys of a small town <smile>. The temperature is cooler outside than it is inside right now, but the humidity outside is nearly 100% as the temps drop through the dew point. Windows may not bring any of the cooler air inside as there is no breeze tonight. I will admit to feeling very grumpy today from the heat and it will be a repeat for the next few days. The one difference will be I'll be more tired since it is so difficult to sleep in this heat.

While at the physiotherapist's at the end of the afternoon, a great playlist was playing. One line caught my attention and made me smile -- Would you be wonderful if it wasn't for the weather? <grin>. A great Irish group that mixes celtic with a more pop sound -- what was playing today was very upbeat. I'll need to spend some time with their other recordings. Enjoy!

Would you be happier? -- The Corrs


No comments:

Post a Comment