Sunday 16 August 2015

Day 2 - 227 -- Unexpected Stress Reduction

During the peak of the heat today, I went shopping <smile> -- groceries and school supplies. I so enjoy buying things for a new school year. It was fun when I was a kid and it is fun now <smile>. The supplies are donated to our local family resource centre. It is just fun to go out and find needed things and fun things to fill up a backpack. Fun also to see the harried parents and indecisive (or worse, very decisive) kids working through a class listing of necessary supplies. One today refused the offer to add pens to the basket, to which the mother replied saying she was buying some for herself and that he shouldn't expect to be able to use hers -- all done with a smile -- and it made me smile, too.

Upon returning home and changing into something intended to help one feel cooler, I embarked on more course prep. Working on new slides today -- revising and combining three existing slide sets. The set with the text book is actually much better than what is commonly found with text support materials. That made my job so far quite pleasant. So, at present it is all on paper, but it will be electronic in the coming few days.

While working, the television is often on in the background -- a type of noise to block outside disruptions. I stopped when I heard a song that made my shoulders drop back down from being up around my ears. Tense much? <smile> I always find the singer's voice beautiful and relaxing. So -- I chose to share that song with you all today. The singer is also part of '60s rock royalty -- the daughter of a well-known sitar player <grin>. Oh, and note the source of the music she plays in the car <giggle>. Enjoy!

Come Away with Me -- Norah Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment