Saturday 22 August 2015

Day 2 - 232 -- Summer Vacation

Today is the end of my first week of vacation. I've spent most of it preparing for the start of fall term. Today was the deadline for me to finish with that and move onto the other household and me things on my August list. So -- starting tomorrow I'm on vacation <grin>.

It is unlikely that I'll get to everything on my vacation fun list, but I will get to some of it. Now, if the temperature would cool a bit more overnight, I'd be ready to tackle the days well rested. It is cooler outside than inside, but no air movement after sunset means all that enters the open windows is just more humidity. Thunderstorms are forecast for the weekend, so we may have moments of perceived coolness <smile>. I get to do laundry tomorrow -- my life is to be envied <grin> -- so I can spend time in the basement where it is cooler, too. I enjoy having a day when I can do whatever I want with no outside demands appearing at the door. Having several of these days all together will be an amazing gift.

Working and summer and vacation brought a song to mind today. The lyrics remind me of my frustrations with work-cation and happiness at vacation. It's another oldie sung by a semi-newer artist. Enjoy!

Summertime Blues -- Alan Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment