Saturday 12 May 2018

Day 5 - 132 -- Another Saturday

Sleep was disrupted again last night which had me awake for 2 hours in the middle of what should have been a restful sleep. Odd that I woke up as this rarely occurs on a weekend day. I suspect that it is often a stress issue from work, so it made no sense today. Later, the day went smoothly with completion of several house and yard chores and several hours spent reviewing documents for the annual planning meetings next week. I even had time (and energy) to make some oatmeal nut snack bars. I hope to take some time tomorrow to do some further cooking to fill the freezer for when the weather gets hot and humid and stewing something for 2 or more hours won't be doable. We'll see how things go.

My outing for the day was to visit the 2 cats of a friend who is away briefly. I fed them and even had time to review a cooking magazine -- there is a small pile that I've had waiting for a day with some time. Seems this activity will help me to move through some of that pile. Two enjoyable parts of the same trip.

A song from the dark recesses of the memory found its way to the light of day. The song and group name deal with one of the highlights of my visit today. It is a silly song, but can bring a smile. Enjoy!

Stray Cat Strut -- Stray Cats


No comments:

Post a Comment