Thursday 17 May 2018

Day 5 - 137 -- Setting Goals

The day began cool, got warmish and then turned cold. I felt pressured much of the time at the office. So much to do with no clear place to begin. I addressed some items from the planning meetings this week with one left to do tomorrow. I still felt like I wasn't getting to things and was just side-stepping it all. I will have to listen to music more while trying to focus -- it isn't likely to hurt, and may help with achieving a small moment of calm and clarity before dashing off again. It may also remind me to breathe. The past while has been challenging -- a great many things clustering together to increase stress and anxiety. An unnamed fear has arrived a couple of times recently, threatening me with panic.

The goals are to breathe -- really, just to pause and take a deep breath in and exhale fully. When anxious, this doesn't always happen. Place feet firmly on the floor and breathe. It sounds easy, but in the midst of it all, this can be forgotten. It should help regain control over thought processes and make clearer and more sensible decisions. Sadly, it seems easy to forget this simple process that takes but a moment to complete. So -- goal for the coming days -- take time to breathe. Look at the sky or the flowers. Notice what is happening in the immediate vicinity. I'll let you know how it goes. <smile>

A song line that ran through my head is shared here today. The song deals with an entirely different situation but the repeated lyric in my head, made me think that things like this happen and then pass. Hope it makes sense once you hear it. Enjoy!

Mama Said -- The Shirelles


No comments:

Post a Comment