Monday 28 May 2018

Day 5 - 148 -- Immunological Challenges

The past two or three days have involved intriguing symptoms. Far more itching than usual, including some red dots on the torso. Now this usually occurs after consuming something that has one of the ingredients that my immune system finds offensive. To the best of my knowledge I haven't eaten anything problematic. I've cooked for myself so knew exactly what was going into things. This has left me with the conclusion that this may be an inhalant allergy. Oodles of tree and weed pollen from blossoms fills the air outside my windows. My eyes also have been drier and scratchier, which would fit with the air-borne allergen. I may need a hazmat suit for a few weeks to keep the environment from being so intrusive <smile>.

I pulled out the 'big' antihistamine to take at bedtime tonight. It does cause drowsiness, so tomorrow morning may be challenging, but if the itching and rash can get under control, I'll fight the fatigue. That is far less uncomfortable. A song that fit my immunological situation is shared with you all today. It is by a great Canadian group and should bring a smile. Enjoy!

Allergies -- The Barenaked Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment