Tuesday 15 May 2018

Day 5 - 134 -- In for Repairs

The day began with a stop at the dental office. No appointment, just needed to see what to do. When brushing my teeth on the weekend and then settling into bed, I was sure I'd missed something with the brushing and rinsing. I stuck my little finger in to check and gasped. The top part of a lower cuspid had disappeared, leaving a rather ragged, jagged edge. It was almost midnight with no blood or pain, so I went to bed. At breakfast the next morning, I was afraid that my morning cup of tea would create some unwanted sensation, so I gingerly took a sip of the wonderful hot beverage and waited. Nothing. A second small sip. Still nothing. So, I moved ahead with my usual weekend breakfast routine. By evening, though, the discomfort was on the edge of my tongue that would occasionally drag across the sharp part of the tooth edge.

When I got to the dental office, I asked the receptionist when I might see the dentist. She asked if I was in pain. No. She pulled the file and went to chat with the dentist. He was able to see me. It seems he does have a couple open spots on Monday as weirdness seems to come on weekends <smile>. He looked at it and said that it was fixable and he could do it right then. So, I settled back for the process. No freezing needed <yay>. It took about 10 minutes to clean, wash, and dry the tooth surface and then apply a resin that is set with light, followed by shaping a bit with a drill and voila! A new smooth tooth surface emerged. Way cool techniques with the new technologies.

Needless to say the rest of the day seemed a bit disrupted by my mindset and other bits of news encountered. One song line -- the title line of a chorus -- hit my mind and seemed to be stuck on repeat mode. I'll share that with you all today. The video is from the movie "Broken Bridges". Enjoy!

Broken -- Lindsey Haun


No comments:

Post a Comment