Monday 3 December 2018

Day 5 - 336 -- Where's the spirit?

Monday was a true Monday -- sort of dreary, grey with definite  ability to concentrate. Some smaller things were attended to at the office, but the major tasks of the day remain untouched. <sigh> Others I encountered seemed to be in the same place. To much on the list of things to be done that organizing them in some way seems illusive. Where to start? The answer is confusing - where? what? when? Few useful answers appeared today. I did choose to do one item tomorrow on both sides of a meeting. I'm hoping that will provide momentum that will catapult me into a productive few days this week.

I left a bit early since not much was happening and headed to buy some ink cartridges for the printer. My goodness! A whole new printer seems cheaper. I do need an updated model so I left without making a purchase and may need to address the need to upgrade sooner than I'd expected. In the meantime, I have access to printing at work that will provide many many (like MANY! <grin>) pages for the price of the ink cartridges. So -- for now, that will be my plan.

While shopping I tried to browse the holiday sections of two stores. Nothing struck me as cool and fun. It was the mood that I was in perhaps -- just not able to move in that direction yet. The tree at home will have to have lights soon. It is somewhat ominous to have the dark bulk of the tree in the corner after the sun sets. It is difficult to see the furry one under it as he blends into the darkness too well . Clearly, when I can't find him, he is firmly ensconced under the branches. <grin> 

Lyrics that fit my festive mood deficit reside in a lovely song. The melody and the singer's voice feel warm and inviting. The video shows some clips from the movie where the song featured. And by no means do I feel that frozen white precipitation plays a key role in the holiday feeling! <g>

Where are you Christmas? -- Faith Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment