Saturday 8 December 2018

Day 5 - 341 -- Connectivity

Overnight, the predicted 3-4 cm of snow arrived as 10-12 cm. The wind made the air feel very cold, which reminded me of the prairies. <smile>. It took awhile to shovel, but it was light snow due to the temperature. The heavier stuff at the street end of the drive didn't take as long as expected. I think having the paved entry to the drive way makes a huge difference when pushing snow -- a flat service for the shovel to run against. I decorated the wreath purchased yesterday and hung it on the porch above the mailbox. It gives it a bit of a festive look.

During the afternoon, the fiberop went out so no landline, internet or tv for about 30+ minutes. The modem re-established connection and I continued with the online work. Signal was lost two or three times more before supper. Into the evening, signal was lost for tv and internet, but the phone remained working. I did use the cell to call tech support just in case. While speaking to them, the connections came back in working order. We did a hard reboot of the modem and hope that will settle the silliness. I find it interesting how much we depend on all the devices. When they are gone even briefly, I felt frustrated. Mind you the end of a movie was missed and I was trying to communicate with people online, so while I knew it would function properly again, I wanted it now -- like a petulant 3 year old perhaps <smile>.

Today marks 38 years since the murder of John Lennon. I've often wondered what other music and thoughts he might have brought to the world if he were still here. What would he have thought about my connectivity issues today? <g> The song for today took no time to determine. It is a seasonal greeting filled with the social commentary and advocacy he was known for. Enjoy!

Happy Christmas/War is Over -- John Lennon & Yoko Ono ft. the Plastic Ono Band and The Harlem Community Choir


No comments:

Post a Comment