Monday 24 December 2018

Day 5 - 357 -- Jolly Man on his Way

The day began early with a couple of errands -- trying to avoid the rush of the crowds. I even scored the rolls from the bakery while they were still warm -- in a brown paper bag with a plastic one to store them for later. So -- guess what I had for lunch? <smile> I wrapped gifts for the dinner crowd tomorrow. I used fabric and new tea towels instead of wrapping paper. A couple were put into reusable cloth bags -- just me trying to be as green as possible.

The landscape is very green today with just a few smaller piles of ice leftover from the clearing of several parking lots in town. Given the snow from October onward, the green Christmas is a surprise -- a welcome one for me and for those traveling over the next few days.

I've been checking in on the NORAD Santa Tracker -- a fun thing to do online. <smile> It seems the jolly man will be overhead in the next 30 minutes or so. A song about the lead reindeer came to mind when thinking of this activity earlier today. According to NORAD this is a bit later than past years, which makes this song fit well with the situation. The singer is Canadian with a unique personal vocal style. Enjoy!


Run Run Rudolph -- Johnny Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment