Friday 14 December 2018

Day 5 - 347 -- Thinking Back

Big sunshine this morning with clouds returning by early afternoon. Temperature is to rise over the next few days and be above freezing during the days. I hope that means less to shovel or push around in the yard <smile>. During the afternoon, I worked at editing some older family photos to send off to people making archives and scrapbooks. Some great moments from years past  were discovered. Many smiles occurred during that process.  Early evening was spent with a good friend from grad school days who is now a colleague here. Many other campus groups were gathered after work tonight at this local pub. I'll admit I do enjoy going places and seeing familiar faces -- a benefit of a smaller town, I suppose.

Neck pain was worse today despite my work with stretches. It creates pain in the scalp that just makes me tired and cranky. I did manage to finally get a customer service issue clarified and my concerns about the failure in their system were heard. It wasn't just that I was frustrated as a customer, but I was concerned about a local business that has been slipping. <sigh> I've done my part and it is now in their hands.

Many song ideas presented themselves today, but I settled on one song that has been covered by many many artists. The lyrics deal with the nostalgia and memories of Christmas past mixed with the present -- feelings I've had during my day today. I chose a version by a wonderful group with stunning harmonies -- this one is a bit more upbeat than other covers. Enjoy!

I'll be Home for Christmas -- Pentatonix

No comments:

Post a Comment