Tuesday 18 December 2018

Day 5 - 351 -- Bells, Wind and Storm

The morning sounded calm with the appearance of no precipitation. However, if you looked carefully, very fine snow was falling. Temperatures sat just below freezing. Accumulation came and went with precipitation switching back and forth between the fine snow and rain. I cleared the wet snow layer off the car and headed out to the vet with the furry friend -- time for the rabies shot. When the car started, I heard a bell and saw the light on the dash display. I hauled out the manual to determine that this was the brake warning light -- generally meaning that the brake fluid is low, but the book tried to add some scary sounding words to that. After speaking with my service manager, I headed to the vet. I thought if I could drive to the dealership, I could surely drive to the vet. The seasonal appointment for the car is two days from now, so it will be dealt with then.

All went well with the vaccination and he slept much of the afternoon. While he slept, I worked several hours on organizing data from a past study that should be written and published. I also sent off a Christmas gift, polished the annual letter, and got a business letter together to mail tomorrow. As I worked, the wind noise grew in volume. Snow fell, with smaller piles that predicted -- for now at least. We'll see what things look like in the morning. I'll need to move some snow, just how much remains a mystery.

The Christmas song shared today came to mind early today. <smile> The song is a poem put to music. The poem, written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, appeared during the US Civil War in 1863. About a decade later the first musical version occurred. Many people have recorded the song over the years. I've chosen a newer version by a Canadian singer -- from Nova Scotia. She does an admirable job at delicately amending the original melody, while keeping the familiarity present.  Enjoy!

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day -- Sarah McLachlan

No comments:

Post a Comment