Sunday 16 December 2018

Day 5 - 349 -- Wishes for the Season?

Another day that began sunny but ended with more cloud than blue sky. Temps were above zero slightly. Some sort of wickedness is headed this way over the next 2 days. The day was rather mundane. Laundry was finished and supper made. Cleared some papers and shredded them to prepare for recycling pickup this week and managed a couple other tasks. After supper the lights were put up on the tree -- all 280 of them. One may need sunglasses in the living room. <grin>  A few of the other decorations went up around the house, but there are a few others to add. Ornaments will get to the tree in the coming couple of days, too. Preparation for writing projects at the office was completed this afternoon, too.

Now, when I look at my 'to do' list less than half of the weekend items have been crossed off. When I looked at and felt a bit of dismay, I then realized that much of what I'd done wasn't even on the list. So it seems I have a faulty 'to do' list development this week <smile>. I enjoy knocking things off such lists, but it seems that all important tasks may not get to the list I make each Friday.

Seeking peace at this time of year is often discussed -- at least superficially. I've often wondered if the words mean something deeper to those who say or write them. Taking time to examine our own meaning of peace or joy or Hope. We wish each other such things for the holiday season and for the next year, yet what do we mean when we say the words?  Just something to ponder.

I settled on two songs since I couldn't seem to choose just one. Lyrics from each present aspects of my thoughts about our world today. The first came to mind when thinking today, while the second was shared by a friend. Each song provides the need for our wishes to ourselves and each other to be less vague. The first, by a Canadian singer-songwriter, brings a gentleness to the wishes for the season. The second, a bluesy melody sung by a familiar Scot, asks a seasonal personage for wishes to come true for everyone. Enjoy!

Maybe this Christmas -- Ron Sexsmith


Red Suited Superman --  Rod Stewart 

No comments:

Post a Comment