Friday 7 December 2018

Day 5 - 340 -- Many Arrivals

Late yesterday, the twinge I'd felt after doing some house cleaning became something much bigger. The SI (sacroiliac) joint was obviously out of sync. Sleeping was tricky, but I could find a good position for a while, as long as I didn't move at all it would remain a dull ache. Movement caused sharp pains. Getting out of bed was challenging. I think I held my breath more than I breathed today. So -- back to the physio for something different. We did moist heat and manual manipulation to put the pelvis back in place. One side had a forward torsion and the other side had a backward torsion. I expect this will begin to feel a bit better in the next two days or so. If necessary, I'll go back for another treatment. A treat arrived at suppertime. The local swim team fundraiser sells Florida citrus. This time I got a half case of navel oranges -- there are a lot in that heavy little box. I love these and look forward to having them in lunches and for breakfasts for the next while.

While waiting for my appointment time this afternoon, I headed to the tree lot at the mall where I bought a fir bough wreath. I have ribbons, acorns, berries, ornaments and bells at home, so I can decorate it here and then get it hung up tomorrow. The day was sun filled with few clouds and temperatures closer to freezing. By later evening a few flurries began. I hope for little accumulation so I don't have to push snow with a sore back and neck <smile>. 

The song chosen for today is an ode to branches of evergreen that make up my wreath. These are local but the video shows examples from many places. The singer left us this year, but her amazing voice lives on for us. Enjoy!

Oh, Christmas Tree -- Aretha Franklin


No comments:

Post a Comment