Friday 7 December 2018

Day 5 - 339 -- Attending Multiple Events

Many activities filled the day. It began with a visit to the physio for another bout of neck spasms. It has been rather painful for several days. With some treatment and further stretching, it should settle again. Lunch with colleagues and friends brought some brightness to the day. Fun conversations and good food made me smile. Another short appointment in the afternoon helped move forward with another health issue. I walked to each of these events today. Temperatures were cool with a slight wind and the added wind chill. It felt so good to get out for a longer walk followed by two shorter ones. Walking can be so relaxing -- at least when footing is good at this time of year.  I took the car to the mall to return a pair of runners that just won't work for me -- the tongue presses against the front of my ankle which causes numbness in the foot. I tried with several different socks and nothing changed. So -- much as I need a new pair for summer and drier fall and spring days, this wasn't the pair for me. <sigh> That means far more hunting will be involved -- not my favourite activity.

With the scalp pain from the nerve pain in the neck -- literally a pain in the neck (love to use that word correctly <grin>) -- I felt less willing to eat much for supper. The soreness and outright sharper pains created an inability to concentrate, cook or eat. When thinking of a song for today, I was reminded of one that my mom always asked that we not play. She said it gave her a headache. Now, it is a very different take on a well known song. Some will like this, while others may not. I find it playful and unexpected -- positives in my way of thinking. In some ways this version also deals with the business of my day running to and fro to. Enjoy!

Jingle Bells -- Barbra Streisand

No comments:

Post a Comment