Monday 10 December 2018

Day 5 -- 343 -- Small Gifts

Today actually saw completion of some of the tasks on the 'to do' list. Still a lot to do for a meeting this week, but several other commitments may interfere with me getting as far down that road as I planned. Snow was expected, yet very little arrived. That is NOT a complaint, just an observation. The sun was bright in the morning but disappeared into the afternoon as the dark clouds appeared. When I left the building tonight, I could see a gorgeous sliver of moon and a few stars. It has been a long time since the sky was not obscured by clouds. I took that as a gift. One of two larger difficulties was solved today. The other did not call me back with the answer needed today as promised. So -- trying to focus on the one that was fixed. A parcel expected a week ago arrived in the mailbox today. Tracking told me that it had been delayed due to 'weather or natural disaster.'  Nothing of the sort along the route taken, but the message gave me an out-loud laugh. Good news arrived at work, too.

Being frustrated with customer service that is the poster child for the term oxymoron, doesn't get me far. I've tried to be positive, but one situation is still creating problems. I have a couple of further steps to take before I'll have to turn it over to someone else. Sadly, I expect there are many others like me, so I'm not holding my breath for a solid resolution. Having social media friends send me things that make me laugh and refocus is amazing. I appreciate the arrival of such tidbits just when I feel pulled under by a current of negativity.

A song that was brought to mind by a work e-mail fits much of the events of the day. This singer has a wonderful smooth crooner-style voice -- relaxing. Enjoy!

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas -- Michael Buble


No comments:

Post a Comment