Thursday 13 December 2018

Day 5 - 346 -- Good News and Other Fun Events

The sun shone early today filling the house with lovely golden light. By mid-morning clouds had returned. As I walked out the front door, I stopped. Two to four centimeters they said. On the porch that was clearly off by an order of magnitude. I moved about 20 cm of light snow and a bit of  slush from the walkway, porch and driveway. I walked into the campus to a Christmas lunch for retirees. A wonderful event. I knew many of the folks who retired during my time at the university. I had a great discussion about the nature of retirement and historical research with an historian. It was quite uplifting and inspiring -- validating, too, due to the work I'm in the midst of for a major project. In the afternoon, there was a holiday reception for faculty and staff on campus. I stopped in just to chat with folks I don't see too often. A fantastic conversation emerged when three of us from Saskatchewan reminisced about our favourite areas. It was like a mini trip home and fed the soul. We were the last three to leave as we'd been so engrossed in our conversations.

E-mail brought good news today. The parcel headed this way that had been at the courier "facility part" for a couple days has made its way to Montreal -- still on track for delivery next week. A research colleague and I received notice that a proposed session for a conference next year had been accepted. That was fantastic news. The topic is one we've been immersed in for several years. Another colleague will be involved, too. It reinforced the happy feeling I woke with today.

The song that stuck in my head today has been playing behind the weather boards on the morning television show for a few days. Today, it stuck. It has incredible earworm capability -- so be forewarned <smile>. The Canadian singer-songwriter has an amazing voice with a multi-octave range. The song has bouncy feel that matched my feelings during the day. The version shared here supports adoption of animals -- and I believe the filming could be the same for more than the one type of animal in the video -- though the cuteness factor is extreme. <smile>  Enjoy!

Christmas Kisses -- Serena Ryder


No comments:

Post a Comment