Sunday 3 March 2019

Day 6 - 62 -- Break between Storms

My day began with shovelling snow after breakfast. Several inches fell overnight -- 4-6 inches (12-15 cm) in most places. While the bright sun brought great warming effects, the snow remained light and dry -- until I reached the end of the drive with the salt filled snow left by the street and sidewalk plows, that is. The process went fairly smoothly with just a bit of heavy lifting nearer the street. I then finished the laundry and made two recipes for the freezer, which is a bit low on variety at present. I made red beans New Orleans style to have tomorrow, which is Lundi Gras. A one-pot meal from childhood was made as a comfort food -- a ground beef, tomato and noodle dish. That one will be easy to tote to campus for the days that I eat supper there before my night class. I then chose to make a blueberry crisp for dessert or bedtime snack during the week. I'll be testing that one very shortly. <smile> A televised movie and a great book were also part of the evening.

The day felt fairly calm, despite not completing the planned items on the Sunday list. Two of these can be easily moved to tomorrow. Perhaps today was like the calm before the storm. Some nasty event that will bring snow, freezing rain, ice pellets and wind is headed this way. I plan to stay at home for the day. Depending when the onslaught moves on, I may need to move the frozen and wet gifts left by the storm. So, adding two smaller tasks to the Monday list should not create difficulty, since the planned outing to do an errand will now be pushed to the Tuesday list. Now I just need to try to stick to the lists <smile>

A song title fit the cooking part of the day. The lyrics carry an upbeat message along with the uptempo rhythm. The singer-songwriter has been featured here before, but not for a while. Enjoy!

Taste It -- Jake Bugg

No comments:

Post a Comment