Monday 18 March 2019

Day 6 - 77 -- Insomnia Strikes Again

Insomnia visited again last night. This time the cause was unclear -- as in no single issue that seemed to be poking at me. I slept through the alarm this morning and then carried on with the plan for the day. I went to campus to speak about questions from the  midterm in the course I'm taking -- just to help me see where I might be going wrong. In one case, I over-thought the question and knew I'd chosen the wrong answer. In all other cases, I hadn't fully read the question before choosing an answer. In one case it was about an album release but I read it as record -- these two albums were not released in the order they had been recorded. Had I read more carefully, that would have been clear to me. So -- I learned that I should take the same advice I've given for years -- read the question, read it again, choose the answer and read the question on more time to be sure.  Odd how my words come back to bite me <smile>. I then had a nice visit with a friend where we sat outside to chat -- as that is where we met. I was cold when we went on with our days. 

After a late lunch, the plans for the day disintegrated. I checked the e-mail and responded to several. A headache was trying to force its way into my skull by mid-afternoon, so I did very little. I was still cold, so went to soak in the tub and read a novel. Supper was uninspired and the weariness of inadequate sleep took its toll. Garbage made it to the curb for early morning pick-up. It is  9PM and I'm in bed with my chai. 

I'm unsure why, but lines from a song have flitted through my head a lot during the day. I don't feel grumpy or frustrated, just tired, which makes the song even more of a mystery. <smile. I'll share it with you. If it turns out to be an earworm, I apologize in advance. It is a rather perky song -- almost unbearably so <grin>. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment