Monday 11 March 2019

Day 6 - 70 -- Time Confusion

The effect of time change hit me today. We lost an hour sometime overnight Saturday into Sunday. Even with almost usual amount of sleep, waking an hour earlier than my brain usually hears an alarm was a challenge. Added to the lack of adaptation to the time change came the clearing of ice and snow piles from the streets. That began about midnight and went on for several hours in the vicinity of my home. I'm sure it continued down the main street, but was further away so less audible to me then. Scraping of buckets against ice and pavement, back up beepers and rattling of dump trucks occurred in the background of my sleep for some time -- so not in the REM sleep that helps one to wake rested. Whatever the cause, today felt like I'd not slept for days -- perfect for a Monday.

A song that bounced around my head today emphasizes the passing of time through amazing percussion from start to finish. Lyrics appear to be disjointed phrases, but contain many wonderful metaphors. One of my favourites states, "My soul has been psychedelicized." <smile> That pretty much fits with the discombobulated feelings of the day. Enjoy!

Time has Come Today -- The Chambers Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment