Friday 22 March 2019

Day 6 - 81 -- Happy Friday

Plans changed this morning, so I missed a student seminar. My achilles tendon has been creating small issues until yesterday when it hurt more. This morning didn't change anything, so I headed to the physio for some treatment that has helped in the past. <fingers crossed>.  I did some short tasks around the house and then headed to a seminar by a visiting English professor. When I left that, it was pouring -- as in POURING -- rain. It almost looked like pellets at times, but it was just large drops. I had all my rain gear on to walk to the parking lot or I'd have been soaked through to the skin. Drying items took a lot of space in the bathroom and along baseboard heaters elsewhere. Dryness has returned while rain has subsided for now -- more expected overnight.

Even with the cloud and rain and ankle pain, life felt good. I found myself making wise cracks to the furry one, smiling at comments from others, and enjoying the walk in the pelting rain and wind. While still tired, I felt positive. Projects came together this week and I wanted to enjoy that feeling before the heavy lifting for two of these begins in earnest. Today was my day to do things for me. I even found a book that I have requested at the town library that was available at  the campus library <yay>. Reading the foreword made me laugh out loud. That is a good sign for the rest of the author's writing for the book.

A friend shared a new video that was released today. The lyrics make me smile with their strangeness and fun imagery. The group singing brings perfect arrangement. Link for lyrics here as they go by quickly <smile>. Enjoy!

Come Along -- Pentatonix


No comments:

Post a Comment