Sunday 31 March 2019

Day 6 - 90 -- Quiet Weather -- for now

It has been a busy day for a Sunday. I had to head to the office to pick up some files I'd left behind on Friday. When home again, I took some time to pick up tree twigs from the recent windy days. Much garbage blew into the yard, too, so that was dealt with -- everything from a small rug to a huge cardboard box. I wonder that no one seems to miss these items. <smile>. Several pieces of correspondence have been dealt with finally and the laundry was completed. Not bad for a weekend day.

It appears that March is going out quietly, though rain, snow and wind are in the forecast for tomorrow -- though maybe that is just the weather folks playing an April fools joke early to get us all concerned <smile>. Very little snow and ice remains in my yard after the past two warm days and the winds. I've said it here often -- I like spring. I like warmer days, but not hot days. Feeling the cooler breeze as it blows over the ice on the straits north and east of town can be pleasant, though I may be a minority on this topic. Reading back in the blog, there have been big snow storms often at this time of year, so we have missed those and still people are cranky and want to see things be like July NOW <sigh>. Why wish away one's life like that? 

A song came to mind today that made me giggle. The lyrics mesh with the saying 'in like a lamb, out like a lion' -- at least in my mind that is what is happening weather-wise today. <grin>. Enjoy!

The Lion Sleeps Tonight -- The Tokens


No comments:

Post a Comment