Friday 29 March 2019

Day 6 - 88 -- Working Rhythms

Weather brought a grey start to the day. Even as temperatures rose into double digits above freezing, the very strong north wind brought a bite from its journey across the ice on the strait. Rain is expected overnight. All of this fits the beginning of the spring well. By afternoon, sun shone between the clouds as I ran a few errands. At the end of the day, I met two friends at a local pub for a Friday beverage. <smile>  Fatigue described our general feelings well. Too many things had been crammed into the past five days. Conversation felt relaxing. I had been pondering what to have for supper. On the walk home, I chose to stop for takeout Chinese food. Now there are leftovers for tomorrow, so time to cook won't be needed. There are a number of writing project activities needed for deadlines next week. The altered plans for the past week put me behind on those schedules. Not a bit issue.

I've found it interesting that while retired I've encountered fatigue in a rhythm similar to that encountered over the past 20 years. My work load is far less and the stresses come from different areas than friends in the midst of teaching. Is the rhythm so ingrained that it will take longer to break free? I expect this will change, regardless of continuing with research and writing. That is a thesis that may need testing so the information gathering will continue <smile>.

An older Gershwin tune seemed apropos for the pondering of the day. The cover chosen is by a younger voice of a grand dame of jazz and soul backed by a big band sound. Enjoy!

Fascinatin' Rhythm -- Ella Fitzgerald



No comments:

Post a Comment