Friday 15 March 2019

Day 6 - 74 -- Celebrate!

Quiet and calm filled the day. I read and watched recorded shows. Some sun appeared early in the day, but clouds filled the sky by late afternoon. Winds have increased and some rain has begun to fall. Forecasts suggest about 15 mm by morning with smaller amounts falling tomorrow. This is part of the huge storm that swept across the continent over the past couple of days. This massive storm currently stretches from Texas to Greenland. I suspect this warmer pattern is a sign of the transition season of spring.

I discovered another sign of seasonal change today. When brushing the furry fellows fur, I was left with a handful of hair almost four times the amount from days last week. So, spring shed has begun. Today is the day we celebrate the 8th birthday of this little guy. So, we had a spa day with brushing, nail attention and bit of back rubs. I cooked a nice dinner for me -- my version of a gnocchi dish I encountered seven years ago when visiting friends and attending a conference. The food today brought wonderful memories. Later this evening we'll have a little gifty and a piece of cake from a 4 inch single layer -- the perfect size if only 2-4 celebrating. I will eat this, too, while he will get his usual wonderful dinner.

I've enjoyed the day sitting with my furry friend. I thought of a song that fits the celebration today -- well the number anyway <smile>. Enjoy!

Eight Days a Week -- The Beatles


No comments:

Post a Comment