Thursday 14 March 2019

Day 6 - 72 -- Electronic (mis)Communication

Interesting day from a communications perspective. Most encounters went fairly well at meetings and in the night class. The first meeting of the day got confused through electronic communications. I hadn't read my e-mail before heading out -- I should know better as I've found plans change and I don't always check early in the day. After returning home a while later and checking e-mail, I realized that the meeting had been pre-empted. I responded to the e-mails before realizing that the recipient was in another meeting or on the road. So -- I sent a text for when the person was free. I should have started there earlier in the day. We managed to work through the task planned without meeting in person. I had organized some different errands to do on the way to the early morning meeting and the sunshine was delightful. So, the day provided a great start even with changed plans.

Later in the day, I heard a song in my head that made me giggle. The title reminded me of the many ways we can communicate that may not work as planned. Love the singer-songwriter -- a true classic. Enjoy!

If You Could Read my Mind -- Gordon Lightfoot


No comments:

Post a Comment