Sunday 24 March 2019

Day 6 - 83 -- Day of Positives

Temperatures warmed a bit today with full sun throughout the day. It will cool below normal for several days, so I expect the mud to become more solid. Going out for groceries felt wonderful in the warm sun -- not overly warm air, but the sun was comforting. I continue to be amazed with the total at the register -- groceries have increased a lot. The amount I pay for a regular visit is the amount I used to pay for a bigger restocking trip.  The cost increased by 30% or more. I'm not sure how people access food at these prices. I haven't purchased many luxury items, though I did buy chicken breasts this week along with a couple of items from the pharmacy area. Still, prices of these items seemed small. Not the end of the world, just something to think about.

I've enjoyed the day even with the impending evening work on documentation for professional license re-application. I hope to read a bit of a book borrowed on Friday with content that will assist in writing a current paper. The author writes with humour while ensuring a clear evidence base.

The song selected for today comes from a new album presented in a television special last week. I've enjoyed this song by other artists and it has been covered by many people over the years. The two voices in this selection blend wonderfully with the strings in the orchestra. Enjoy!

La Vie en Rose -- Michael Buble (ft. Cecile McLorn Salvant

 

No comments:

Post a Comment