Thursday 2 May 2019

Day 6 - 122 -- Another Unexpected Occurrence

For the past two days, it has been sunny but cool. Walking in the sunshine has been a positive activity. While walking I realized how many different things have been part of my thoughts recently. Even if hidden at times, these form a weight that adds to the fatigue and solitary behaviour. While I felt more 'up' than has been experienced in the past few weeks, there was still something hanging out behind me just waiting to drop that other shoe. I'm hoping that the newish event today wasn't that shoe.

The car went in for a brake job today and to check out why the ABS had engaged for no reason two weeks ago. I picked it up early afternoon and almost didn't get home. At a 3-way stop, it almost stalled as I tried to move it forward and out of traffic if it did coast to a stop. As the gas pedal reengaged and the car moved forward, a warning bell sounded and four icons lit up on the dash -- ESP, traction control, 4WD and ABS. I did not feel safe trying to drive it back to the dealership, so I called to say things were now more involved than two weeks ago. A head mechanic and the service manager drove down to pick it up and get it back to the garage. Tomorrow will tell us if there is something specific that can be found, or if it needs someone to unhook the wiring connection by connection to see if problems are found -- could be hours of work. I'm not prepared to deal with that.

A song lyric came to mind. It describes something I hope I don't need to deal with the current vehicle difficulty. Enjoy!

Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes -- Paul Simon



No comments:

Post a Comment