Thursday 30 May 2019

Day 6 - 149 -- Never ending List

I made a list of all the little things that need to be done by next week in preparation for the presentations. It is longer than expected -- filled with oodles of things that take 5-10 minutes each. So, it is doable, just daunting that there should be so many bitty details to manage. <smile> I went for a walk today to an appointment, had a great phone chat with a colleague and ended the day with a lovely dinner with friends. I think I needed each item as a way to decompress.

I'm not sure why I was so surprised at the number of tiny tasks necessary to complete two major projects <grin>. I knew I had to make a list to be sure they were all addressed in time. Yes, one of those infamous 'to do' lists. I find it less stressful to put it onto paper and then my mind isn't constantly repeating the list in my head. Once on the list, I can refer to that and relax my mind knowing that the 'memory' parts can relax now -- and not keep me awake at night <smile>. 

A song was mentioned in a conversation with a friend. It is one I hadn't thought of for some time, yet it fit the overflowing list made today and theme of change this blog deals with often. I've shared the original version, since it is the wonderful singer-songwriter whose voice I hear with this one, though there are many wonderful covers out there. Enjoy!

Landslide -- Fleetwood Mac




No comments:

Post a Comment