Saturday 11 May 2019

Day 6 - 130 -- Stress Reducers

Multiple tasks were completed today. Each moved a project or plan forward. I attended a seminar after writing and sending many messages in response to issues of the week <smile>. At the end of the work day, I met with a friend to practice one of the upcoming presentations. Timing went well and I received great feedback to improve clarity of some points. After that was completed, we headed out for a glass of wine and light supper -- with lots of conversation. It was a wonderful end to a very full week. Into the evening, I headed out to care for another friend's companion animals. I got a ride up the hill and then walked home. In that 20 minute journey, the rain felt heavier than I'd expected and I was a bit damp when I got back home. Not the end of the world; its just water <smile>.

Ways to relax and reduce stress levels are many. Today held a handful of those. Practicing, socializing and walking in the rain -- each reduced the anxiety levels of the past few days. Several different song lines came to me on that rainy walk home. I settled on one song from over 50 years ago. The first two lines fit my walk the best. Rain seems to be the common metaphor for sadness -- and that is not what I felt today. The singers voice is wonderful. Enjoy!

Walking in the Rain -- Johnnie Ray





No comments:

Post a Comment