Sunday 12 May 2019

Day 6 - 132 -- Relaxing Day

Sunday brought more laundry and a visit to care for a friend's two cats. Much time was spent with household accounts. I dislike numbers and often leave this task for two or more months, which only means I spend most of an afternoon organizing and recording things. The day was quiet -- a pleasant sort of quiet. Sunday brings thoughts of family and friends since this was the day of the week we'd have a big family dinner or spend time visiting with others.

Over the past few years, I've often made this a day with less work and more 'me' time. This might be reading, watching a movie, time with a hobby or craft, or just relaxing. While the full day wasn't always available due to things needed for early Monday back at work, I did try to add an hour or two into the day that involved non-work activities. Today, I spent time reading a cooking magazine at my friend's home while attending to the kitties. They sat near me and purred while I made my way through the magazine. At home, I had a bath and read a chapter from a rather large book that I really do want to go on forever. It is the last of a series that I have thoroughly enjoyed.

I selected a song with a simple title to share today. The lyrics are poetic and the sound very relaxing.  Enjoy!

Sunday -- The Cranberries


No comments:

Post a Comment