Sunday 12 May 2019

Day 6 - 131 -- Pondering Sameness

The day felt rather mundane -- just the usual things done for a Saturday. Some edits of written drafts that left a couple of others to do at the beginning of the week. Thinking through a couple of major events next week helped me to get prepared. Of course, the usual household chores called my name -- a lot <smile>, so laundry, floors, and such took my time in the afternoon.

Thinking through this usual type of day did not leave feelings of frustration. Instead, I found myself thinking how nice a regular day could be. While there are deadlines upcoming, today let me work through these thoughts while doing things that did not require heavy brain involvement. Those same tasks also provided a form of physical activity, so I wasn't stuck behind a computer screen. Indoor activities fit well with the damp, cooler day outside, too.

Thinking of a song for today took some work. Many address such days as negatives in life, when it is unlikely that exceptional occurrences will happen every day. I did find one with lyrics that speak to the mundane nature of the day, but uses a major key to sound a bit more 'up'. The first verse fits my thoughts best. The rest spiral into sadness and fairy tale ideas, so know those don't fit any of my thoughts today <smile>. Enjoy!

Another Day -- Paul McCartney


No comments:

Post a Comment