Friday 24 May 2019

Day 6 - 143 -- Traveling day

The day was bright and sunny with more blue sky than I've seen for weeks. It was perfect for a road trip. I headed off to Halifax early in the morning and got home almost 12 hours later. Just getting away felt wonderful. I spent some time at a mall and found a few small items that were on the 'to buy' list. I looked at many others, but didn't find things that fit my criteria. It was wonderful to spend some time wandering around a larger mall with different stores for a change.

We saw something totally new to each of us. A truck behind us had a statement painted across the hood to be visible in a rear view mirror of whoever was in front of the truck. The statement? "Caution. Live eels." As it passed us, the flatbed was filled with plastic square containers that obviously held water -- and said eels presumably. Needless to say that came up again and again in our conversations of the day and our wondering exactly where these creatures were headed.

Several songs ran through my mind during the day. I finally settled on one that seemed appropriate to the events of the day. I love the upbeat lyrics and music -- it sounds like fun is happening for all involved. Enjoy!

On the Road Again -- Willie Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment