Sunday 19 May 2019

Day 6 - 138 -- Brightening the World

Early today I headed out to care for a friend's cats while she is away. They were very happy to see me. <smile>  I then finished the shopping for items that weren't available at two other stores yesterday. Once home, it was the usual laundry and household chores. I watched recorded programs between tasks while checking in on social media. I made some wonderful sweet and sour sauce for the freezer and made meatballs and rice for supper with a great bok choy side.

The weather consisted of mainly clouds with some rain throughout the day. I will admit that my mood matched the weather today. I felt very tired and was ready to go to bed far too early in the evening. I did fall asleep with the television still on around 10:30 PM. I awoke when the phone rang about 11 PM -- not usually a good news time of day. The display showed it was a 'private caller' so I did answer to see if it was someone I knew in need of assistance. It was friends from out west who must have gotten the time difference wrong. I loved chatting with them both. Catching up on personal news is always fun and fulfilling. This couple has checked in with me regularly since my mom passed away three years ago. Tonight, they provided their good wishes for the award I will receive in early June. That meant the world to me. Needless to say, my mood had improved. I past blogs I have mentioned that just when one is feeling a bit low something comes along to brighten the world. This evening call did just that.

A softer sounding song seemed to fit the events of the day. The lyrics present the concept of supporting others perfectly. The use of acoustic guitars dials back the intensity -- again perfectly to fit the lyrics. The two artists performing render the whole package as perfection. Enjoy!

I will be there -- Eric Clapton ft. Ed Sheeran




No comments:

Post a Comment