Thursday 13 June 2019

Day 6 - 160 -- Problem Solving

Travel should be easier -- or at least less stressful. Finding ground transport home from the airport created difficulties. The bus schedule noted a later bus was available today, when this could not be booked online. A call to the company told me the same thing -- no late bus. The ticket agent I spoke with four days ago stated that time did have a bus. <sigh>  Many shuttles don't run on Sunday. I called them from the airport as I waited for the plane. Luckily, they were running and there was one at a time I could easily make given the flight times. I was to pay the driver. Well, she failed to tell me this was to be cash only. <sigh> So, he kindly drove me to the bank machine so I could pay him -- we were ahead of schedule arriving in town, so this didn't create a problem for him to get the other passenger to 'the boat' -- the ferry to Newfoundland.

Travel causes anxiety and when there is a chance that I will need to stay at the airport hotel for another night, brings more unrest. I met a friend and colleague at the airport and we had a great chat, which helped me to breathe calmly again. I appreciate that I ably problem solved, but it was done with a strong hint of panic. Having patience would be a gift. A rather loud voice in my head builds the anxiety through fear and frustration. Finding a way to quiet that voice will be a gift, too. <smile>

A song lyric covers my thoughts today. It notes the need for patience and to calm that voice of anxiety. Interestingly, this song appeared on an album released 24 years ago by a Canadian artist and topped out at number one in the Canada and the USA charts. Enjoy!

All I Really Want -- Alanis Morissette (from Jagged Little Pill)


No comments:

Post a Comment