Monday 24 June 2019

Day 6 - 175 -- Relaxation Required

It has been one of those Mondays. Not that things went badly, but I just felt a bit off. I got out more summer clothes and put away more winter ones. The outerwear closet needs to be tackled still, but that is a quicker task. I sent off the project that has been consuming my thoughts for a long time. Now it sits with the editor. I can't wait to see the galley proofs. Just to see it formatted for publication will be positive. Perhaps my feelings come from a bit of a let down after running on adrenaline for some time now. I do feel tired, but haven't slept well for the past couple of days either. The day was dismal grey again outside, so that, too, might play a role in my mood.

Thinking through some of these possible reasons for the moods left me looking for a song that could help with relaxation. My head thought of one from a while back. Instead of doing further reflection, I stopped and listened to the song. I do feel a bit better and ready to have my bedtime chai and maybe a cookie. A friend posted today that enjoying something sweet can be positive. So, music, chai spices and a cookie should do the trick and help me fall asleep.

I share that song with you all today. It is a beautiful melody. The lead singer does a fantastic job with the lyrics and melody, while the backup singer brings wonderful harmony to the piece. The acoustic nature of the song helps with the relaxed feel it brings. Just sit back and let this wash over you. Enjoy!

Every Day -- Two Man Band (James Lee Stanley and Peter Tork)


No comments:

Post a Comment