Saturday 15 June 2019

Day 6 - 164 -- Alterations Planned

Another tired and unfocused day is nearing an end. Issues of location of work have been top of mind. this may work out well. Only time will tell. Work has not really progressed much this week. Outside thoughts take up much of the time and brain power. I am in the midst of several writing projects. When writing, things swirl around in my head through several versions. When I sit to write, the product comes out in full sentences written earlier in my head. Before getting to the sit down writing, I find I wander about looking for distractions. That usually means I'm nearing the point of getting things on paper or screen. Perhaps feeling unfocused or not getting to the 'to do' list, doesn't mean that I am procrastinating. It may mean that the brain is busy writing in the background and concentration elsewhere is not possible. Or, it means that I am a dithering slacker without direction. <smile>

The song today is from a new album of a woman who began singing over 70 years ago. As she is celebrating her 80th birthday (in July) with concert shows in New York, Los Angeles and Nashville. Many artists will share the stage with her. The song featured here today is the single from her new album dropped last month. The title and theme spoke to me and my need to learn to accept how I work, fix what can be altered and just be kinder to me. <smile>  The lyrics hold much deeper meanings. Enjoy!

Change -- Mavis Staples ft. Ben Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment