Tuesday 18 June 2019

Day 6 - 169 -- Time for Hand Signs?

It's been one of those days. Many parts went well, but other things went sideways. The sun shone brightly with a northerly breeze to make it comfortable. I headed out for groceries. Got most things on the list from the first store. The second store had two of the six items I wanted. Now I had two in my basket and was wandering around trying to find the hot cereal aisle. I looked lost and a lovely worker took me to the spot where it should be. It has been added to the cold cereal aisle for the first time in 20 years <shaking head>. However, the major national brand that was advertised just for me by e-mail was no where to be found. Not even an empty spot on the shelf tagged for this brand. Given that there should be extra points awarded for purchasing this project this week, I found this too much. I calmly set down my basket beside the worker and noted that I wouldn't be needing these two items if the store can't be bothered to carry what they advertise as a 'sale' product. I did tell the worker that this was not a reflection of their assistance, but something frustrating from the head office where all such decisions are made.

I stopped at the office after this encounter and spent 15 minutes printing a document and signing, scanning and sending another document. Then I headed home for some lunch and to meet a handy man who was doing a small job outside today. As I sat down later to review the printed document, I realized that the flash drive that held the file was still at the office. <sigh> So, I headed back to the first store and bought the items that were and weren't at the other store. The drive was retrieved but by the time I was back it was supper time. So, very little actual work completed on the paper today.

One song came to mind as I was working my way through the frustration of shopping today. It is from the debut album of a UK artist. This was released seven years ago, but the song still makes me smile when feeling a bit cranky with the way of the world. <grin> Enjoy!

Two Fingers -- Jake Bugg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment